Reading Ladder

“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers.” -Charles William Eliot

September 2016:

1. All The Light We Cannot See – Anthony Doerr (244 pgs)
  2. Wuthering Heights – Emily Brontë (82 pgs)

Total-326 pages read, 65 pages per week, 9 page per day

“Creativity is intelligence having fun” -Albert Einstein

October 2016

1. All The Light We Cannot See – Anthony Doerr (120 pgs)
  2. Empire of Storms – Sarah J. Maas (689 pgs-finished)
  3. The Crown’s Game – Evelyn Skye (366 pgs)
  4. Holding Up The Universe – Jennifer Niven (388 pgs-finished)

Total-1, 563 pages read, 312 pages per week, 44 pages per day

Currently reading: Dune – Frank Herbert

I am much happier with the amount of reading I’ve done this month compared to last month. I was able to read more, and even complete two books, even though they weren’t as challenging as they could’ve been. Empire of Storms is the newest novel in one of my favourite series, Throne of Glass. The author is able to transport me to another world full of magic, witches, shape shifters, and elves and I always wait eagerly for the next book to come out. Holding Up The Universe is written by the author of one of my favourite books, All The Bright Places.  Both books tell tales of teen romance between a pair of misfits, yet each book could not be more different. For November, my goal is to read more challenging books, starting with Dune by Frank Herbert. I’m very excited to get started and to be taken off into yet another world that will let my imagination run wild.

“The best way to get something done is to begin.” – Unknown

November 2016

1. Dune – Frank Herbert (113 pgs)
  2. To Kill A Mockingbird – Harper Lee (355 pgs)

Total-468 pages read, 93 pages per week, 13 pages per day

Currently reading: Dune – Frank Herbert, Dark Water – Koji Suzuki, To Kill A Mockingbird – Harper Lee

This month I haven’t been able to read a lot because all of my time has been taken up by Dune. This novel contains so many difficult words and phrases, so I’ve been trying to take my time so I can understand them fully. I’m looking forward to see what I can learn from this novel and seeing how it plays out. Dark Water is full of Japanese horror stories that I am  very excited to read because the author has also written The Ring.

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin

December 2016

1. Dune – Frank Herbert  (238 pgs)
  2. Dark Water – Koji Suzuki (59 pgs)
  3. Life After Life – Libba Bray (123 pgs)

Total-420 pages read, 84 pages per week, 12 pages per day

Currently reading: Life After Life – Libba Bray, Dark Water – Koji Suzuki

Again, this month I haven’t been able to read as much as I would like too because Dune takes up a lot of time in order to really understand it. With Dark Water, I’m trying to take my time and read each story carefully, so as a result, I’ve only been able to get through two stories so far. Life After Life is a very interesting novel about a girl named Ursula who is able to relive her life each time she dies. I have read it once before, but I didn’t take my time to read the story and really understand it, so I would like to do so this time.